Favourites from 2018 - BLOGMAS DAY 14 -



Hey everyone! Well and truly smashing this Blogmas thing and we are 2 weeks in, amazing! I never thought I'd be able to do it but here I am...

In todays post let's break down some of my favourite things from this year, from movies to music, you know...the usual. 

FAVOURITE MOVIE 

photo credit

5 words people, CALL ME BY YOUR NAME. This absolutely heart wrenching, beautiful, picturesque film shaped my year I'm telling you. I watched this earlier in the year and the proceeded to watch it about 12 times after that, usually like every Saturday when I was bored. 

If you haven't seen this film I want you to close this blog right now, search it on YouTube, Amazon or anywhere and rent it, rent the fuckin shit out of that film. It is beautiful. I am not much of a film watcher, I watch films I really want to watch and I never get super hyped but this one I was telling everyone about it. So many of my friends then went and watched it and showed other people and it was a beautiful circle of loveliness. 

Timothée Chalamet became an absolute ray of sunshine in my eyes, what a guy. I now look forward to any project he has coming up because he is such a fresh, exciting young actor. 

This film will show you that love is love and it's as simple as that. Stunning. 

FAVOURITE ALBUM

Honestly, I have a couple so let's get onto those...

Youngblood - 5 Seconds of Summer: Fucking sick album, I've followed and loved 5SOS for many years now. At first this album sounded bizarre and I wasn't digging it but after some time I am still obsessed. Also, if you see any album live I think it immediately becomes better too. 

Beerbongs & Bentleys - Post Malone: This album must've been so many peoples favourite this year because it was such a break through. It was so good and listening to the lyrics in some of the songs really pulls on your heart strings, something which in most Hip-Hop/Rap albums I cannot personally relate to. Sick album, forever recommend. 

FAVOURITE MEMORY 


I've sat here for a good while trying to figure out which memory from this year was my favourite, I've had a bunch of amazing memories. I think our holiday with our friends was my favourite, but the one night which stuck out the most was San Juan festival. We got merry on the beach until whatever time in the morning, some of the group jumped over fires, we made wishes in the sea at midnight and the girls and I danced and sung in the sea. It was a memory that just makes me smile every time I think of it. 

FAVOURITE GIG


I went to a fair few this year but I think the best must've been Harry Styles with my best friend, Ben. We got to the O2 and got absolutely merry as fuck. I had 4 different Bellinis and too much cider and it was the funniest night ever. We sung our favourite H Styles songs together, gushed over the man himself and then Ben fell asleep on the train like a total mong. It was awesome.

These are just a few little things from the year, what are some of your favourite things from the year? 

Let me know! 

Shannon x 

No comments